15 Tips to Grow Your Facebook Audience 2021
How to grow your Facebook audience organically is the main challenge a lot of small businesses face. In recent years those who follow your page are not guaranteed to see your posts, unless they interact regularly with your content. Facebook has become less about businesses and more about community over the last couple of years. Therfore, posts that appear in people’s feed need to have a social and community element. Our 15 tips on how grow your Facebook audience will help buck that trend.
More and more small businesses now have to rely on paid adverts to grow their brand awareness and grow their followers. This is not unrealistic, after all advertising should be paid for and small businesses should have a budget for this. But a mixed strategy of organic and paid is still the ideal.
Quality content and engagement are key. Good posts that enthuse audiences and add value are what the algorithms love.
15 Tips to Boost Organic Reach
- Less is more – focus on high quality content posted less frequently – once per day is enough
- Build community – Start a Facebook group or host regular Facebook lives
- Facebook Watch Parties – the best way to get user engagement and comments
- Make 2/3 of your posts video
- Boost popular posts through paid ads
- Signpost users from your other online channels – website, Twitter, Blog
- Use blog posts to signpost users to Facebook to discuss topics or answer questions, put questions related to blog posts on Facebook
- Host regular Q&A sessions – ideally through FB live or on page
- Encourage customers to supply video testimonials and post them to your page
- Photo posts have higher engagement
- The majority of your content should be informational and educational not a hard sell
- Engage with your audience, start conversations, ask questions, ask for them to post content related to a topic or project – social media is ‘social’
- Avoid posting links that will take users away from Facebook
- Don’t use phrases such as please ‘like’ or ‘share’ or ‘comment’ as this is seen as spamming by FB
- Show not tell – demonstrate why you are the best
For more tips on growing your audience, check out our 29 Top Tips for Instagram in 2021
For taking the time to read our blogs. Positive Sales and Marketing is a small business in the North West of England passionate about educating the UK hospitality and freelance artist sector on understanding their marketing.
We offer training and education to enable businesses to take control of their own destiny rather than blindly relying on agencies. We can also offer transparent website design services and copywriting should this be taking up too much of your time.
We work with clients all over the UK and also operate directories for the holiday accommodation sector.
We would love to hear from you, give us a call on 01257 433331 or 01744 670055 or email Caroline@positivesalesandmarketing.co.uk